Friday, March 30, 2012

Bill Woods Clinic

Today was the clinic with Bill Woods and I have to first say that I am SO proud of my Louie!  He was a rock star; he felt awesome, and fit right in with all the fancy brand asses (aka warmbloods).  He really cleaned up nice too!  I am super thankful too that Kris was able to video tape for me at the last minute so I can share this and watch it over and over to learn all of the things that haven't sunken in yet. 

Also, it turns out Bill is quite the comedian.  I watched several hours of other riders today in the clinic and not only is he an excellent clinician and rider, but he had some of the funniest jokes and stories; he's quite entertaining.  I will have to purchase his book, Dressage Unscrambled, as I have heard it is a great read, and if it's anything like the little bit of his writing he shared with us at lunch today, I'm sure it will be well worth it. 

I could go on and on typing what we learned about, but a video does that so much better.  Without further ado:

3 comments:

  1. I've just come across your blog, and am just delighted. Louie is a rock star, and I will look forward eagerly to new installments! Thank you so much for posting the video of your clinic-- not only a free lesson for me, but inspiration on a wet spring day here without an indoor! His improvement was quite visible, and it's always so good to be able to see what small changes make big results. Keep riding and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tricia, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sometimes I think my endless nonsense blogging about my lessons can get monotonous, but it mostly helps me to learn, and the periodic videos and photos help to add a little renewed interest. I really enjoyed the clinic and will definitely take up another opportunity to ride with Bill when he returns! I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say at the show tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is awaesome and i read more thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete