Thursday, November 10, 2011

Getting Ready for Our Next Adventure!

We've been spending the past week relaxing, doing a little long lining, but mostly just some peaceful grooming and eating buckets of soaked alfalfa cubes (Louie, not me).  We are getting our items together and cleaned for a fresh new start at a new barn, to which we move this weekend.  The fall weather has been perfect, and is just starting to turn cold, so the timing is perfect.

We're going to be moving to a dressage and eventing stable called Sunborn Stables, to ride with their fabulous trainer and instructors.  The stable is a bit further from home than I'd prefer, but they take great care of the horses, are innovative and possibly more picky about how their facility and horses are maintained than I am.  So, I am expecting the drive will be well worth it as I won't worry about Louie as much as I have in previous situations; he'll be in good hands, and we'll be immersed into a learning environment once again where we can just focus on our training and making progress in a new discipline.  I am really looking forward to being able to ride through the winter, and to learn more dressage, and also improve our jumping skills.  I'm quite confident that we will be able to make some progress at this stable, as they've got an excellent track record, many of their students actively compete all over the country, and they were able to help Louie and me with coaching in just a few minutes between rides at our dressage show last month.  I am very hopeful that we'll be able to get an extended trot out of Louie!

Very excited for the move and looking forward to diving in to dressage head first!

No comments:

Post a Comment