Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Saddle Seat Jumper

Louie hasn't been much for relaxing and stretching down lately. . . so I've been playing to his desires and working a little bit in saddle seat frame.  I think he might actually have some potential there!  Might have to throw some chains on him and have my husband shoot a few pictures one of these days. 

Well after we got some of the energy out with the saddle seat riding, we did a little bit of jumping, over a pole no more than 12" tall, but enough to get some leaping practice.  The first time over Louie did a rather buck/jump, that was a bit awkward, but he improved the next time and did a great job thereafter, jumping the one lowly pole.  I'm hesitant to do too much jumping with Louie's foot problems and how hard the ground is at the barn, but a little bit of very low, light jumping I figure probably won't hurt anything. 

Louie has been enjoying a semi-vacation, as I've only been working him 1-2 times per week in the past few weeks due to working dogs and fall field trial season in session.  The way I see it, it's probably okay as Louie is in too good of shape right now for me to get much of anything accomplished anyhow.  I'm going to have to put him into a bitting rig to remind him of his hunter frame when we get back to a more regular schedule. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment