Thursday, June 2, 2011

What You Get

. . . when you don't see your horse for 2 weeks. . .

is a fat horsie. 

Yeah, Louie is a little chubbier than the last time I saw him, I'm sure partly because he didn't get any exercise and partly because the horses were turned out on to the green grass over the past 2 weeks.  So, what he needs is some exercise, and maybe a decrease in his feed- a good ol' diet. 

Who me?

Tonight he got some good exercise, I got him nice and sweated up with just some basic walk-trot-canter work.  He is doing great with his transitions, his leads, and speed control.  He seems a little stiff on his right front leg still, but not head-bobbing or lame, and he seems to work out of the stiffness when he is pushed a bit.  So, that makes me happy.  Now we just have to work on trimming down the waist line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment