Friday, June 10, 2011

The Diet

I had to buy new plastic baggies for Louie's feed since 3/4 pound of feed looks pretty silly in a gallon freezer bag, and 1/4 pound looks even funnier. 

That's right, 1/4 pound.  That's what Louie gets to eat now, granted it's twice a day, but he's pretty cheap to feed for 1/2 pound a day!  I would consider not giving him any grain, but I need something for his MSM to stick to, and it would be cruel to watch him get skipped over when the feed cart goes by and doesn't make a stop at his stall. 

I'm sure he'll be disappointed in the lack of feed he's getting, but it's for his own good.  He needs to lose a few pounds and he is still a little off, so I'm not super comfortable pushing his exercise up a whole lot.  But that's a whole 'nother topic. 

The diet goes into effect in 6 days, after his current bagged feed is used up.  I thought it was pretty cool that I could fit a month's worth of food into a single grocery bag to bring it to the barn.  We'll see how he looks in a month!

1 comment:

  1. Ah,yes, the joy of trying to cut weight from the unexercisable... or, more accurately, the less exercisable =D

    ReplyDelete