Sunday, January 30, 2011

Video Time

It has been a long time since I've had a video taken of Louie (I think almost a year!).  With four dressage lessons under our belt and the great improvement I've noticed in his canter (slower, more controlled and balanced, and getting both leads like a champ!), I thought it was time to get an updated video. 

This was not our best performance ever, I could feel Louie backing off of the bit, which he rarely does anymore, and he was fussy and seemed more agitated than normal (that could have been performance anxiety from me or it could have been residual excitement from watching the bobcat move the round bales through the arena when our ride started- scary!).  At any rate, he was decent, but definitely held his head higher and more backed off of the bit than usual, and as you can see, this smart horse is anticipating the canter on more than one occasion.  Time to change up the routine again- we can get one or two rides at best of asking for similar type (in this case trot-canter) transitions in any semi-consistent place (lately it's been at X, A, or C) before he catches on and I have to throw him a curve ball again.

I had a heck of a time getting this video into a saved format on the computer (had to use a different movie maker program on my computer to first change the video from a .vob to an .avi file, then it removed the audio, so I found a pleasant song on You Tube audio swap- ay ay ay. . .).  But alas, here it is!  Enjoy!

(hint- if you click the box in the lower right corner to "Watch on You tube," you can enlarge the video and click the X boxes to remove the ads at the bottom)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leah,

    Louie always looks good to me. You are doing a great job with him. I am sure you see things in the video that I, and others would miss. I am sure it is still useful to fine tune what you want.

    I will tell the cameraman to get some WD40 so that the DVD isn't so jerky.

    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Henry,

    Yes perhaps I should invest in some WD40. ;) Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he looks great! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete