Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Little Jumping Progress Video

Well, right now I think we are doing pretty well with our jumping! Especially considering we've had like 1 lesson. So, I took advantage of the fact that Sandy came out to the barn today and got a few photos and video of what we've been doing. It looks pretty decent to my novice eye, but I'm sure you hunter/jumpers in the crowd will have much criticizm for me. And I'm sure in the future, once we're a little further educated and experienced, we'll look back and be able to pick these pictures/videos apart as well. But for now, I think we're doing okay!
So here are our two photos (Sandy had technical difficulties with the camera timing, so this is the best we've got):
And our short video:



By the way, I know that this saddle is way too small for me. I am in the process of finding a new one and had this one out on trial from a local tack shop to see if I liked the feel of the saddle. We are in the process of ordering one in my size for me! :D

3 comments:

  1. He looks great to me! I love how he trotted over the rail but then broke into that nice canter. He seems to really enjoy it! Good luck getting a new saddle. I imagine the right fit is important for jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Louie are doing a great job! He is such a good horse, you will be great at whatever you do.

    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to both of you! We're having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete