Monday, January 4, 2010

A Cold Start to 2010

We have vitually nothing to write about because it has been too cold to do much of anything with Louie for the past week. The past few days the morning temps have been -20, with highs in the single digits, and it's not looking promising for the next week or so. . .

So needless to say, Louie has not been doing any real work, but has been turned out to stretch his legs in the indoor arena a few times. He has a lot of fun out there, bucking, kicking, rolling, head-flipping Arabian style, and of course running! He's got some pretty good speed when he sets out to move! He loves to prance around at a trot, canter, or gallop. It's fun for now, just too cold to do anything else.

On a slightly more exciting note, I got a new hunt coat for myself for Christmas and it arrived today. I don't think I got the coat that I ordered, but I'm pretty happy with the one I got. It is a navy windowpane with a very subtle and fine light blue and raspberry plaid. So it isn't just plain old navy like everyone else has, it's a little lighter, and I think it will look really nice on Louie. In the next few months, I'm going to be working on putting together my hunt seat ensemble, so I'm hoping that we will be able to get to some shows next year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, congrats on the coat! I have heard how cold it is in your part of the world- really unsafe to even be outside long with any skin exposed, I imagine! I am glad your Louie has been able to run around and get his sillies out. I have seen the Arab/Saddlebreds move at my sister's work and man oh man, I love their action! I really want to ride one someday. Well not one of those horses specifically, they wouldn't let me near those showhorses LOL, but a NSH or Saddlebred.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! No one else has plain ole navy either... it just looks that way from over 10 feet away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pony Girl, I hope you get to ride one someday! they're a blast!

    Brita- I guess it just seems that way, I do know several people on my open circuit who have just plain navy so maybe I overgeneralize haha. Oh well, I guess I'll probably blend in afterall. I could return it as I'm pretty sure that it's not the coat I ordered- the one I ordered was supposed to be light blue-gray. But I'm not really unhappy with the one I got, just a little more plain than I was expecting. Not a big deal, certainly better than my old hunter green one from middle school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is one of the many shades of grey. But it does have a nice windowpane in it too.

    ReplyDelete