Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Possibility

Well it seems as though most every time I write about planning to go to a show, for one reason or another, it doesn't happen. So anyhow, I haven't written about it yet, but here goes- I'm planning to show Louie on Saturday at the series show that I had planned to go to last time (in July, right after the sled accident). They have walk-trot english pleasure 18+ and they also have Jr. Horse english pleasure- and they're back to back so we don't have to wait around all day for 2 classes. So I figure I'll try both classes, and if we canter in the one class, then we do, if not, no big deal. I'm planning to ride huntseat style, as that's what we're prepared for both in frame and in equipment.

Sandy was out yesterday and she was thrilled with how Louie was moving. We did a little of everything, walk, trot, canter, trotting poles, etc, and Louie was very good. He did not, however, get his right lead on the first try yesterday. It took 3 tries, but by the 3rd time, I asked him from a walk, and he departed into his right lead just beautifully. Good boy! So I'm not going to push the cantering thing, but I'll ride tomorrow night after work and test out our gears and prepare for the show. So hopefully I'll be reporting back this weekend on how the show went!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment