Friday, April 24, 2009

Stall Baby

It's official- Louie is a stall baby. I went to put him back in the pasture today after our ride and he refused to walk through the pasture gait to go back out in the pasture. Granted the electric fence by the gait has gotten him a few times, but he came out of the pasture without too much convincing today. I really didn't want to get into a fight over the whole thing, so after some pretty serious attempts and effort on my part, I just let him go in his stall, and he was happy as a clam in the barn by himself, thunderstorm brewing and all. Social was never so content to be apart from the rest of the herd or in his stall, but I'd rather have a stall baby than a herd bound horse any day! Louie has got me wrapped around his little finger- I mean hoof. He's a spoiled pony! And a hungry one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment