Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mind the Rail!

Owweee!! We were riding along so peacefully and nicely on this windy day (40mph gusts) when Louie's steering gave out just a bit (as it frequently does) and we meandered a little too close to the rail. With one thud, my patella single handedly popped the arena gate open, and with quite some velocity if I do say so myself! I immediately doubled over on Louie's neck, and while he stood there perfectly taking care of me (thank you and good boy Louie!), the next words that came out of my mouth were the type I'd never want my mother to hear me say. My knee was almost paralyzed, I looked over at it, bent to exactly the angle that it had been the whole ride, and just staying that way by itself. That "funny bone" sensation went through my knee again and again. After a few minutes of pain, we finished up our ride with some very gentle trotting and called it a day. Yeeoww! It still hurts. I hope it will be purple tomorrow so at least I have something to show for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment