Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Another Beautiful Day

It was an absolutely beatiful 37 degrees here today! So of course I had to go out to see my baby. Unfortunately the footing is still tretcherous and probably will be for a few weeks yet. So we strapped on the Old Mac's and headed down the road in hand. We got passed by about a zillion cars, only one of which scared Louie- the one that zipped by us at 50 mph. I trotted him just a bit to see if he looked sore at all and he trotted really nice and evenly. :) When we got back, Louie had a snack, I re-stocked his Assurance Grass Balancer (even though he didn't really need it, he's only gone through 2 bags since I've had him), and spent a little time grooming him and working on tail stretches. He is getting to be pretty good about this- he always protests right at first, but settles down, and it seems like maybe his tail is getting more flexible. I do have an old used bustle that I hope to put on him this summer once I am able to work him more regularly- I think he needs it for the shape of his tail, it looks a little silly right now. He did finally start shedding today too- I got about 10 hairs off of him YAY! that's a good sign!

I ordered a height and weight tape for him when I put in my yearly wormer order last week, so when that gets here I plan to do some measuring. When I first got him, I measured him at 15.3hh, and about 975#. So we'll see if he's grown at all in 4 months- he seems maybe a little taller? Here he is standing in the crossties this weekend- cutie (nevermind the spots on the camera- I promise my horse isn't growing mold)! I need to get one of those health maintenance books to track this stuff and his vet/farrier info, but I suppose I can make a document in my computer too. Well we shall see when the tape gets here! Until then, I'm going to be doing the warm weather dance in hopes for some melting!

No comments:

Post a Comment