Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gotta Pay the Bills

Well this is rather un-related to my baby Louie other than the fact that it relates to the source for paying his bills. I am quite nervous- I have an interview on Thursday for a Physician Assistant position with a family practice clinic near my house. I will graduate PA school in May, so I am just starting this interview process. This position was one that I was referred to by one of my emergency medicine preceptors, and I am actually spending time in this clinic currently as the final clinical phase of my training. Well, this could quite possibly be the biggest interview of my life aside from my PA school interviews, and I'm starting to fret just a bit. I have prepared a list of questions to ask of them, but am not certain what they will be asking me, other than what I like to do in medicine. I don't believe this is going to be a "standard" job interview, as there has already been quite a bit of work done (months, and many of my precepting physicians talking to the heads of the cooporation on my behalf- without my even knowing it- wow, what a great group!) to get me to this point- this is like the final thing, they've heard about me from my preceptors, have worked with me a little bit, have seen my resume, and now they get to put me on the spot to decide whether or not they want to hire me. Wow, that's some pressure. Well all the docs at this clinic are SOOOO nice and I just found out that the lead doc actually was really big into hunter/jumpers and wants to get back into it. I am going to refer her to some H/J stables in the area, but I think that is just awesome that we have that in common as well. :) Wish me luck! And Louie- bear with me over the next couple of days, I will come to see you after my interview when my nerves have settled and tell you all about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment